Data is vital to our daily lives. Time and again, events have proved to us just how important it to to have the right data and how the right data analytics tools can make all the difference between success and failure for a business. While the emphasis has increasingly been laid on data and data analytics over the past decade, several businesses, especially small ones, still rely a lot on their traditional methods of reaching their customers, which mainly has to do with who and what they can see.
Now this usually means, if you can’t see them, you can’t reach them. Except with data. With the right data sets and data analytics tools, you can reach customers you can’t see, organize logistics without physical presence, identify changing market conditions, monitor competitors and so much more. The most beautiful thing about the data and data analytics industry is that there are trends. Based on expected technological advances over a particular time frame, there are some expected data trends to look out for when diving into the world of data analytics. Be you a beginner just looking to get started with data and data analytics for your business or you are an industry giant trying to stay on top of your game, there is an urgent need for you to know the data trends that are likely to occur in a new year and how to position your business to benefit from them.
In this article, we’ll discuss the top five data trends for 2021, why you need to keep up with them, and how to adjust your business practices to benefit from them. Feel free to use the table of contents to skip to the section that most interests you.
Table of Contents
Why You Need To Keep up With Trends in Big Data Analytics
Data is a subterranean ocean on the internet that connects us all. Data is how a lawyer in Iowa knows there is more crime in New York City, and he should probably move there. Data is how a doctor knows that the Covid-19 patient he is currently treating is part of the same batch he treated last week and would probably respond to the same treatment types. Data is how we transcend physical analysis and word of mouth to get insights about events that did not occur in our sight. And like oceans have tides, so does data have trends. These trends determine how data and data analytics are being applied based on the new technologies that have been developed in a particular time frame. And if you don’t want to drown in the ocean of data, then it is advisable to keep up with and take advantage of these trends. Even more than not drowning, keeping up with big data trends gives you a competitive advantage because you can see farther than your competitors. With proper implementation of data analytics in your business processes, you can successfully predict coming upheavals in your industry and position your business to benefit from those upheavals. So let us look at some of the top data trends you should watch out for in the new year.
Top 5 Data Trends To Watch Out for in 2021
Every year, increases in technological advances change the way we look at and employ data. With the massive disruptions in the expected timelines of technological and data analytics advances in 2020, there is a need to highlight the top data science trends expected in the new year. They might just not be what you are expecting them to be. So here are five of the top data science trends to watch out for in 2021:
- The rise of mainstream AI: According to Gartner, 75% of enterprises will shift from piloting to operational AI by the end of 2024. That translates to massive mainstream adoption of AI in data processes. AI techniques like Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) gain more prominence and become a mainstay of big data analytics and the accompanying processes. These techniques provide valuable insights about the shift in lifestyle resulting from the pandemic and have been very useful in identifying ground zeros for the spread of the Covid-19 virus. In 2021, these techniques will play an even more significant role in helping companies adjust to a customer base that has grown used to not being physically present.
- The cloud becomes a lot more important: Despite the increasing popularity of cloud services, many business leaders and data analytics experts still struggle to transition their database to the cloud and manage their data processes from the cloud. In 2021, business owners will need to take a more in-depth look at the cloud and devise methods to exploit its capabilities for easier data management and other subtle benefits such as cost optimization.
- Decision Intelligence: Decision intelligence involves the practical application of data-driven decision-making techniques to a widespread number of domains. Decision intelligence allows C-suite executives to use AI upgrades to build decision-making models with data analytics systems. According to Gartner, more than 33% of large organizations will have analysts practicing decision intelligence by 2023.
- Data marketplaces gain prominence: As data analytics gain more prominence, data marketplaces will grow to become a mainstay of the data economy. While many organizations are starting to create free data libraries, many businesses will turn to data marketplaces for specialized data that has immediate and measurable value to their business.
- The decline of the dashboard: At the beginning of 2020, data experts and organizations already started moving away from static data dashboards to dynamic integrated interfaces that directly feed data into the workflows of relevant users. With the upheavals of 2020, this move has been accelerated as it has become necessary for teams to have data in an already structured and sometimes integrated format. The faster they can integrate data into their workflows, the faster they can respond to emergencies. In 2021, this big data trend is set to take off even more, with companies moving towards tailored data experiences for their employees. These data solutions will be based on user needs rather than static data flow.
These are some of the biggest data trends to look out for in the new year. There are many ways to take advantage of these data trends to get an edge over competitors in your niche, but whichever way you choose, you have to keep one thing in mind: you need useful data to take advantage of these data trends. You need a way to obtain quality and up-to-date data.
How To Keep up With Big Data Trends
As I said earlier, you need quality data to successfully keep up with and take advantage of these expected big data trends. And while you might generate a lot of data in-house, you need a lot of external data to complete the spectrum of the data required to implement effective data strategies successfully. And to collect this data promptly, you need a specialized data collection solution. Web scraping offers the most effective solution for your data collection needs.
Web scraping works by using bots known as “crawlers” or “spiders” to parse through a given web page’s source code. According to some preset parameters, these crawlers tag and curate data, and then an extractor collect this data directly into a spreadsheet. This data is collected in a structured format that you can easily integrate into your workflows without much cleaning up.
With web scraping, you can easily collect the data you need to keep with the new data and analytics industry trends. You can also easily keep up with shifts in technological advances that affect how you collect and apply data in your industry. Web scraping is one of the most effective ways to implement a data-driven business strategy in the new year. By scraping data like sales data, social data, competitor data, you can easily keep an eye on shifts in industry practices for all the different departments of your business.
Positioning Your Business To Benefit From Changes in Data Science Trends
Know that you know the data trends to look out for, why you need to look out for them and how to collect data to take advantage of these trends; all that’s left is a data collection solution that is cost-effective and resource-effective. Enter Scraping Robot. At Scraping Robot, collecting data for you is our hobby and our purpose. We make it as straightforward and efficient as possible to get all the data types you need to keep an eye on data analytics trends and data visualization trends in your industry and business generally. To get started, all you need to do is send a message to our developers telling them what you want, and they’ll get started developing your custom scraping solution tailored to fit your needs.
Our scraping service uses APIs and multiple proxies to collect data from multiple web pages simultaneously and in real-time. We have a number of pre-built scraping modules if you’d like a little bit of DIY scraping.
After all the ups and downs of 2020, so many different aspects of life and business are no longer what we expected them to be. However, one thing is certain. Data and data analytics continue to take a more critical role in our personal and business activities. At Scraping Robot, we offer you a cost-efficient and resource-effective way to collect all the data you need to take good advantage of the expected trends in big data analytics for the new year. So, get started with us today and get the data you need when you need it and the lowest price possible.
The information contained within this article, including information posted by official staff, guest-submitted material, message board postings, or other third-party material is presented solely for the purposes of education and furtherance of the knowledge of the reader. All trademarks used in this publication are hereby acknowledged as the property of their respective owners.