Big data analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) have exploded in popularity since the COVID-19 pandemic started. According to Gartner, the pandemic has rendered a lot of historical data useless. Many companies have shifted from traditional AI techniques relying on big data to small and more varied datasets. They’ve also turned to mixed or remote work models, leading to an increased need for data-driven solutions. These include teleworking, Web 3.0, codeless and low-code solutions, metadata and automation, and more.
Table of Contents
As we head into 2022, businesses should think about leveraging these data science trends. This change will make sure companies can compete in the same weight class as their challengers in an increasingly dog-eat-dog world. Read on to learn more about the data trends you can adopt to position your business for success. You’ll also learn how to use web scrapers to leverage these trends and stay ahead of the curve.
Big Data Analytics Trends
Small and wide data will replace big data
Research by Gartner has indicated that small and wide data will soon replace big data. Big data refers to large data sets that can be analyzed to reveal insights useful for various purposes, such as marketing and innovation. Big data has been a hot topic for the past few years, but the pandemic has changed a lot of things. Many historical big data models are no longer relevant.
Instead, organizations are now shifting to wide data. Wide data refers to data that enables the synergy and analysis of a variety of small data sources. Unlike big data, wide data is good for contextual analysis and decisions. The shift from big data to small and wide data will help organizations:
- Solve problems faster and more accurately: Small data provides detailed information on what drives individuals such as prospective customers, leads, and employees. In contrast, big data gives you the “big picture” of your company. You have to guess how big data conclusions apply to specific individuals. Small and wide data can help you:
- Create tailor-made marketing campaigns for different segments and customers.
- Identify key segments of your audience or potential audience.
- Communicate personalized messages and offers.
- Discover the best channels to engage with specific segments and customers.
- Get real-time insights: Unlike big data, small and wide data isn’t as time- and resource-intensive. Instead, small data is easily accessible. This access can help you:
- Understand what makes clients want to buy certain products.
- Change the way you brand and market your products.
- Adjust your marketing strategies in real-time.
- Manage data more easily: Small data is much easier to manage than big data due to its comparative size. Say goodbye to a full-suite team—you can just hire a small team of experts to work on small data sets.
Teleworking—also known as remote work—is expected to become more commonplace in 2022 as companies worldwide shift to mixed forms of team collaboration and management. This shift from in-person work models to mixed or remote work models will lead to a radical change in what “work” means. According to industry experts, organizations are likely to:
- Employ staff across the globe: Since businesses will communicate through online platforms and email, you can hire anyone from anywhere, as long as they meet your requirements.
- Prioritize productivity over work hours: Traditionally, most organizations determine productivity based on the number of hours worked. However, since shifting to mixed or remote work models, many organizations have discovered that counting work hours isn’t an effective way of assessing an employee’s productivity. Looking at the end product is a better way of determining an employee’s productivity.
- Moving away from the traditional office: Since much work can now be done remotely, companies will start moving away from the traditional office. Companies will probably move away from fixed hours, strict hierarchies, and physical workstations even if they choose a mixed or in-person work model. They seem more likely to opt for flexible spaces and schedules and a more democratic approach to administration.
- Adopt cloud technology: As companies hire more and more people from around the globe, cloud technology will become more widespread. Unlike traditional software, cloud technology makes it easy for people to collaborate on projects, even if they’re located thousands of miles away from each other.
Web 3.0 will also become a central concern for businesses in 2022. Web 3.0 represents the next version of the internet and will be as big a paradigm shift as Web 2.0 was in the early 2000s. Characterized by data decentralization and a secure and transparent environment, Web 3.0 will allow individuals to collaborate and own their data and time. Expect the internet to become an ever more even playing field. Small companies and individuals will have more influence than ever before. AI will also play a significant role in determining what will appear in your search engine and social media feeds.
Codeless and low-code solutions
2022 will see a democratization of access to enterprise technology. This means that everyone will get to use high-tech solutions, even if they know little to no coding. Companies of all sizes will be able to modernize and compete with one another, leading to greater competition. Growth in no-code and low-code solutions will also help workers and entrepreneurs spot issues and introduce creative ways to process data.
Metadata and automation
As competition becomes increasingly keen, the questions that businesses need to answer become more urgent and complex. Stakeholders now need to know how data correlates with other data points, where data comes from, and from what context data is drawn. The demand for up-to-date and organized metadata will be higher than ever.
Data science teams will need to aggregate and sort data without slowing down their work pace, so users can still receive and send requests at their usual speeds. As a result, most new metadata solutions will need to focus on smart processes and automation.
Data will grow closer to edge networks
Industry experts predict that data will grow closer to edge networks in 2022. Enterprise stakeholders will continue to push for faster and more accurate data analytics. As a result, more industries will be under pressure to adopt edge computing to modernize, cut costs, and reduce latency issues.
Edge computing is a distributed computing model that brings data storage and computation closer to devices that process and create data. In contrast, other forms of computing store data in centralized locations far away from the working devices. This separation leads to latency issues. Edge computing can also save companies money since data processing is done locally instead of being processed in a cloud-based or centralized location.
How to Use Data in 2022
There are currently a staggering 5.66 billion active internet users worldwide as of January 2021. To make sure you don’t disappear into the teeming ocean of users, you need to know the hottest new trends in big data analytics.
It can be challenging to catch up to industry and data visualization trends if you’re just relying on manual research. That’s why you should integrate web scraping into your workflow. Web scraping refers to the process of gathering massive amounts of information from websites for analysis. Although it’s usually used to process and organize big data, you can also use it to extract and analyze small and wide data. You can also use web scraping to:
- Discover and extrapolate how data correlates or will correlate with other data points.
- Sort data into different categories depending on the context they’re drawn from.
- Find out how your competitors are integrating AI, Web 3.0, edge computing, and cloud computing into their workflows.
- Research big data industry trends.
You need the following to scrape effectively and efficiently:
- A powerful proxy provider: You need reliable proxies to protect your computer and make the process of gathering information easier. Without a proxy, your scraping bot won’t look human, which can cause some sites to IP ban or block it.
- A scraping robot: Also known as web scrapers, scraping robots will take care of the hardest parts of data analysis. The robot will manage and rotate your proxies so it looks human and help you bypass anti-scraping mechanisms.
After downloading and installing your proxies and scraping robot, all you have to do is paste the URL of the page you want to scrape into the scraper and press enter. It will then give you the information you want within seconds.
The Best Web Scraper for Catching Up to Big Data Trends
Most scrapers require you to know some coding and have a relatively steep learning curve.
However, don’t let this discourage you from getting a scraper. Some scrapers, like Scraping Robot’s API, are nearly code-free. The Scraping Robot API also offers 24/7/365 customer support to help ensure that your experience is the best it can possibly be. With easy-to-read documentation, a user-friendly interface, and a reasonable pricing model, Scraping Robot is an intuitive and sleek all-in-one data scraping solution that will help you stand out from your competitors in 2022 and beyond.
Interested? Join today to receive 5,000 scrapes per month for free. If you want up to 500,000 scrapes per month, all you have to do is pay $0.0018 per scrape, no monthly fees involved.
The information contained within this article, including information posted by official staff, guest-submitted material, message board postings, or other third-party material is presented solely for the purposes of education and furtherance of the knowledge of the reader. All trademarks used in this publication are hereby acknowledged as the property of their respective owners.