I can confidently say that Twitter is the social media platform that affords the most opportunities for business growth. If you have only been using Twitter to read news and follow trends (like I used to do), then you have been missing out. In the year 2020 alone, I’ve come across about 15 people who started a business through Twitter or started using Twitter to promote their business and they have experienced unprecedented growth. In the midst of a pandemic, no less!
Twitter ranks as the fourth largest social media platform globally, with about 340 million active users and over 500 million tweets sent daily. While it is not the most used social media platform by any means, Twitter offers a unique opportunity for you as a business owner or professional to reach your audience and engage them in diverse ways. According to research, Twitter users are 38% more likely to post opinions about brands and products than other social media users. This means your customers are 38% more likely to be talking about you on Twitter. Twitter also makes it easy to follow trending topics and news with real-time tweets. Up to 71% of Twitter users say they use the platform to get their news.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of Twitter for business, how to use Twitter for business purposes, and the process of collecting Twitter data with web scraping. If you already have a working knowledge of the platform, you can use the table of contents to skip ahead and see how you can use Twitter data for your business purposes.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Twitter for Business
Twitter offers many opportunities for an enterprising business owner to promote his business better and connect with his audience. We mentioned a few in our introduction but let’s take a closer look at them.
Twitter marketing benefits
While it might not be as big as other social networks when it comes to marketing, Twitter offers some unique marketing advantages. By following trending hashtags, you can easily see what people are complaining about, the problems people have in your industry, and how you can solve them. Even better, you can reach out directly to them using these hashtags and mentions, offering to solve their problems.
This is an opportunity for direct marketing that is not to be found on any other platform. Twitter also runs ads, and these ads are structured to show up in the timeline of users with interests related to the ads. So you can set up ads on Twitter, and the platform directly shows your ads to people with interests in that direction. (This is quite unlike a platform like Youtube, where they show you random ads on things you have zero interest in.)
Brand image management benefits
You need to pay attention to your brand image on all social media platforms. Managing your social media is an aspect of brand management that you cannot neglect. However, you should pay special attention to Twitter. As we said earlier, Twitter’s text-based structure lends itself to the sharing of opinions and sentiments.
Most people take to Twitter to post their opinions and reviews on products, services, movies, music, and more. Most people also choose to let businesses know when they’re not happy by tagging the business’s Twitter handle. As such, most companies choose to maintain a Twitter account for customer support. Netflix, for example, has a dedicated Twitter account for its customers, and they even have it in multiple languages. This makes it easy to address customer grievances and collect feedback on their services.
You can also comment on trending topics, take a stance on social issues (conservatively, of course), and join popular conversations that your customers are engaging in. This allows you to keep up with them and enhance your brand image by believing in what they believe in.
Benefits of Twitter for sales
While other social media platforms put more emphasis on socializing, Twitter puts more emphasis on the sharing of opinions.
A perusal of the average Twitter user’s timeline will give you a complete overview of their beliefs and views on everything from politics to religion and fashion. This makes it easier for you to identify people with ideals similar to or in line with your business.
It also makes it easy to collate people’s opinions on a particular product, service, or idea. Therefore, if you are using Twitter in your lead generation process, you can easily build a list with high-quality leads. People are more vocal about their likes and dislikes on Twitter, so it is easier to filter out low-quality leads.
How To Use Twitter for Business
Now that you know the benefits of Twitter in your business, you might be asking how exactly can you use Twitter and data collected from Twitter to advance your business through your sales process, marketing process, or brand management activities. Here are five ways to take advantage of Twitter benefits using data:
- Competitor analysis: You can use Twitter to monitor your competitors. By monitoring their Twitter handles and collecting data on the categories of people interacting with their handle, you can improve your ideal lead persona and better target the right people for your business. You can also use Twitter to find out your competitors’ problems with their customers and how you can better serve your customers to avoid such issues.
- Using influencer marketing: Collecting Twitter data allows you to identify thought leaders and influencers in your industry. It is easier to identify thought leaders on Twitter based on the way people retweet and comment on their tweets. By collecting data on these influencers, you get an idea of the topics that are likely to go viral, and you can tweet on these topics to create more engagement with your audience. Also, reaching out to influencers through Twitter is easier than on other platforms, and you can easily engage them to help promote your business. Influencer marketing is one of the best ways to take advantage of Twitter. Most users will take the word of an influencer over any other person.
- Use hashtags to engage your audience: You can use Twitter hashtags to follow what your prospects are talking about and join the conversation. By contributing to these conversations, you grow closer to your audience and make them more likely to turn to you when they need the type of solution you sell.
- Track market trends and industry changes: With data collected from Twitter, you can track trends and upheavals in your industry very easily. Twitter is a popular platform for getting news on changes in industries globally.
- Improve your brand image: Twitter offers unique opportunities for brand image management. While many people remain divided on whether to use a business Twitter account vs. a personal Twitter account, the fact remains that you can easily manage your brand using either. You can create Twitter accounts for your company’s different departments to make it easier for your customers to air specific grievances. You can jump on trends and use the opportunity to present your business in a better light to your customers by caring about what they care about.
Exploring Twitter Benefits With Web Scraping
While we’ve talked about the benefits of Twitter for business and how to use Twitter data for your business, one issue remains. How do you collect data on Twitter? Collecting data from 500 million tweets a day is impossible for one person. You need a custom, automated solution to collect the data you need, which is where web scraping comes in.
Web scraping is the process of collecting unstructured, publicly available data from websites and putting it into a structured format. With web scraping tools and services, you can target specific hashtags and keywords, collect data on trending topics, and scrape lead information in large volumes. Web scraping bots can help you organize large volumes of data that would be impossible to collect manually in a very short amount of time.
Using web scraping is the most efficient way to collect data that can help you take advantage of the benefits of Twitter for business.
Using Scraping Robot To Take Advantage of Twitter Benefits for Business
At Scraping Robot, we aim to make it as easy as possible to collect the data you need to take advantage of the benefits of Twitter for business.
To start scraping, just send us a message, and we can start building your ideal web scraping solution for you. With our custom scraping solutions, you can exploit the benefits of Twitter to the fullest and collect all the data you need, when you need it. We also have a free Twitter module that you can try out to see how scraping works. When you sign up for our service, you get 5000 free scrapes to scrape any website of your choice. Every scrape you perform after using your free scrapes costs only $0.0018.
Our scraping service uses APIs, allowing you to automate your web scraping process, which in turn will enable you to automate your data collection process without having to monitor it 24/7. With our service, you can literally generate leads when you want without having to spend hours going through web data to collect lead information. You can also monitor Twitter trends in real-time, with our scraping service delivering data for you every 60 seconds.
Our web scraping service also uses multiple proxy addresses, allowing you to send an unlimited number of scraping requests without getting blocked. Once we’ve scraped the data you want, it will be delivered to you in an organized format using a spreadsheet. That way, you can easily analyze the data and import it into your data management strategy and lead management process.
The innumerable benefits of Twitter for business has made it a favorite for all kinds of business interests, from marketers to salespeople to customer relations experts and many others. At Scraping Robot, we want to make sure you are taking advantage of these opportunities by making it as easy as possible for you to scrape data from Twitter and any other platform you want. Just shoot us a message, and we can help you get the data you need.
The information contained within this article, including information posted by official staff, guest-submitted material, message board postings, or other third-party material is presented solely for the purposes of education and furtherance of the knowledge of the reader. All trademarks used in this publication are hereby acknowledged as the property of their respective owners.