The time has finally come for the next release of Scraping Robot (Desktop)!
First and foremost: I sincerely apologize for the delay in this release. After all of your great feedback on v0.2 we saw some clear fundamental changes that needed to be made in order to make the software more usable for more people.
Because of those foundational changes we had to make to the architecture, we encountered some bugs along the way that took longer to resolve than we had hoped.
However, we’re here today with some exciting new features to announce!
- Multiple Projects: This feature allows you to now run multiple scraping projects at the same time.
- Up to 10k inputs per project: You asked, we implemented! You are now able to input up to 10,000 inputs (keywords, URLs, etc) per project. This will allow you to do much larger bulk scraping.
- IP Authorization: In v0.2 we only allowed user:pass authorization for proxies, but due to your feedback we now support IP authorization.
- Status of project: You can now see the Status of your running projects on the Projects tab, as well as see Usage of the tool for each day on the Usage tab.
- Additional Logging: To help debug any issues you are having, we have added additional logging to the log file. This will allow us to answer your questions more easily as to why a scraping project is not working until we have a more robust UI that can explain it better.
- Multiple CSS Selectors: You can now upload a list of up to 10 CSS selectors in the Cstom Module Builder. Learn more on how to use this valuable tool here.
We thank you for your patience in this release, and we are hard at work on the next release already. As always, please submit and vote on feedback at https://roadmap.scrapingrobot.com/b/scraping-robot-desktop-feedback/, or email us at [email protected]
Currently, the next greatest feature in the pipeline will be an even better Custom Module Builder which will allow for more CSS selectors to be given, storing your configuration to be reused in the future, and better large project processing.
You will be emailed a link to the latest downloadable version.
Stay tuned, and thank you once again!
CEO – Scraping Robot
Neil is the Founder and CEO of Scraping Robot. He is involved with other tech companies, with his most popular product being Blazing SEO proxies. Having a background in server management and proxies has allowed Neil to propel Scraping Robot to being the best scraper on the market, at the lowest cost possible.